THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, June 10, 2011

My First Bard Poem



Hello! I have one more post for today: my very first bard poem! Yes, as it turns out, I do more than just write about bards. I hope to have at least one poem done every month.
Onto the show! This is a poem written to another bard inspiration of mine: Taliesin. Taliesin was a semi-mythological figure who is often regarded as the greatest bard who ever lived. Unfortunately, he was Welsh, not Irish. Haha, of course there is nothing wrong with the Welsh. They are Celts too! Anyway, this is a poem written as though I were talking with Taliesin.
“Who were you?
You from long ago
You have lived to meet my ears
To fire my head
To move my heart
When can we speak?
Shall it be on those green paths
Upon which tread the feet of the wise?
Shall it instead be in the golden fields eternal?
Shall it be the land of the Spirit
Our mutual destination and common muse?
I am eager
My fingers scratch and my mind churns
Both want to find your approval
Please smile on me when I see you”
That is all. It has no title, and hasn’t been edited yet. Just a pure, unrefined gift from Awen. I hope you like it. Let me know what you think.

0 comments: